AIR CLEANR WITH WATER CURTAIN FOR EXPLOSIVE AND INFLAMMABLE DUST
Password: Technology in the Service of Safety
The HYDROFILTER series is the outcome of AR FILTRAZIONI's on-going a serie research into new products and solutions.
One example of this is our decision to build a unit with complex cascading safety systems to prevent ignition in magnesium processing applications - magnesium is highly flammable in contact with water - but without adopting ATEX standards relating to fire prevention.
After many years of testing in the field, this equipment is now part of AR FILTRAZIONI's standard product offering.
An explosion is a release of energy over a short time time and in a relatively restricted space which generates a pressure wave and flame front which propagate very quickly through the surrounding area.
The release of energy in an powder explosion is the result of the following combustion reaction:
COMBUSTIBLE POWDER + OXYGEN = OXIDES + ENERGY
In order for a process to be characterised by the risk of a powder explosion, the following conditions (all of them) must obtain: the powder must be combustible and must be suspended in the air with a granulometry and concentration which permit the flame to propagate through the suspension.
There must be a source of IGNITION: friction, impact, static electricity, compression, flames, incandescent materials, electrical sparking, very hot surfaces.
There must also be sufficient OXYGEN to promote the combustion that initiates the explosion. Powder explosions are much more complex phenomena than flammable vapours, since the parameters which characterise the hazardousness of the air/powder suspension are very variable in relation to the physical characteristics of the mixture and the equipment in question. While a mix of flammable vapour and gas generally has constant, well-defined parameters (concentration, ignition temperature), a powder/air mixture may be subject to variations during the process which alter its characteristics and hence the attendant danger.
Given these factors, the HYDROFILTER series exploits the simple principle of increasing humidity to strongly reduce the potential for initiating a fire. Humidity causes the powder particles to agglomerate, this increasing their diameter and drastically reducing the risk of explosion.
Potentially dangerous fine and volatile powders are reduced, rendered innocuous and conveyed to a fluid purifying tank in the form of sludge.
- In the picture: SUCTION DESK DESIGNED AND PRODUCED BY AR FILTRAZIONI FOR MANUAL MAGNESIUM PROCESSIN
- In the picture: PLASMA CUTTING MACHINE
- In the picture: MOTOR RACING DEPARTMENT IN BREMBO S.P.A.
The HYDROFILTER series is used for extracting and purifying dust generated in dry and wet machining, which are particularly sticky and dense. It has been designed to answer the need for safety (aluminium and magnesium dust) and is ideal for purifying particles of different granulometries by simply installing filters of differing filtration ratings.
Each air cleaner is equipped with a high (EPA) and very high (HEPA) efficiency filter stage, compliant with EN 1822, and suited for reducing micro-dust, micro-mist and fumes.
The equipment is fitted with a pre-filtration chamber for washing dust with a miniscrubber, equipped with a class IE3 low consumption motor with thermal cutout.
It can be used on a vast range of machine tools: lathes, machining centres, grinding machines, milling machines, laser cutting and marking machines, buffers and manual grinders.
Thanks to its high performance, the HYDROFILTER series is ideal for the semi-centralisation of multiple machine tools with the same characteristics.
|HYDROFILTER||HYDROFILTER WITH TANK|
|Model||Suction inlet mm||Max. air flow rate m3/h||Power kW||Tension-frequency V Hz||Noise attenuator dB||Overall dimensions mm A B C H||Fixing wheelbase I E||Weight kg|
|M2||200||2000||1,5||230/400 – 50||72||620 1305 245 1550||560 560||220|
|M3||250||3000||3||230/400 – 50||76||620 1305 245 1550||560 560||240|
|L4||250/300||4000||4||230/400 – 50||78*||1020 1305 245 1550||560 960||340|
|L6||250/300||6000||4||400/690 – 50||80*||1020 1305 245 1550||560 960||360|
- ARTICULATED SELF-SUPPORTING ARM
- ACTIVE CARBON CELL FOR REDUCING ANY EXHALATIONS AND ODOURS
- NOISE ATTENUATOR
- MAXIMUM SAFETY EQUIPMENT FOR FIRE PREVENTION
- ELECTRONIC DEVICE TO MONITOR FILTER CONDITION
with 60% of filters self-cleaning/regenerable, and maintenance on average 1 time a year, regulated by the filter clogging indicator.
THE AVERAGE MAINTENANCE TIMES ARE THE OUTCOME OF STATISTICS RESULTING FROM THE THOUSANDS OF SYSTEMS MAINTAINED BY AR FILTRAZIONI EVERY YEAR AT OUR CLIENTS' PREMISES.
The maintenance is very easy, once a year and it is controlled by a device to monitor filter conditions. AR Filtrazioni can do the maintenance of the filters and has technicians who assist the clients in whole Europe.
AR FILTRAZIONI also offers an annual on-site maintenance service to our clients, with our specialised technicians, and issues a maintenance certificate on completion of the work.
In an industry in which production times are a critical cost factor, (the downtime of an NC machine tool results in loss of production and hence loss of profit), maintenance and maintenance times represent a competitive advantage over the competition.
Let others speak well of you The recommendation of a fully satisfied customer is the basis of any marketing strategy. High level companies require quality, not only of the product, but also of pre- and after-sales service.
Mr. Catellani - HELLER
Mr. Vimercati - OFFICINE VIMERCATI
Mr. Frosinini- COMEV
- Lower energy consumption motor, class IE3
- Filter clogging indicator - reports the real condition of the filters to the operator at all times;
- Exchange filters: 20% self-cleaning – 40% washable – 20% with annual replacement –20% with replacement very 2/3 years;
- Recovery of around 78% of the re-condensed lubricant/coolant, which can be returned either directly or indirectly to the machine, or stored in containers for use at a later time.
- Energy savings of 415.00 euro for a single unit (assuming a temperature differential of 15°C during the winter) with 1700 m3/h air flow.
- Longer lasting mechanical and electronic equipment of the machine tool. The air purifier, by subjecting the machine tool to under pressure, constantly extracts the pollutant, thus keeping the machining enclosure clean at all times.
- Constant quality of the machined parts: a constant temperature inside the machine prevent thermal expansion of metal components; the total lack of vibration of the air purifier also ensures unbeatably precise machining.
- CO2 emissions reduced by 9000 kg/year, for each installed unit with 1700 m3/h air flow, thanks to the significant savings obtained by not expelling hot air outdoors.
- Switching cost:selecting a good solutions straight away avoids costly replacements down the line.
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- EN ISO 12100/10 EN 60204-1
- D.U.O.O. D.D.O.O….Technical Annex 32/2 of the Lombardy Regional Government 10/01/12 (download the Annex)
- EN 1822 filtration efficiency up to 99,995% > 0.15µ
- IEC 60034 IE3 motors (premium efficiency)
- Flame response class compliant with DIN 53438
RESIDUAL CONCENTRATION OF POLLUTANT AT THE PURIFIER OUTLET < 0.1 MG/M³
We advise our clients, when all machines are equipped with purifiers, and one time only, to run a certified third party environmental analysis. In companies which have done so, the certifying bodies have confirmed that the residual pollutant concentration in the workshop runs at around 0.1 mg/m³. Note that the values accepted by local health authorities vary from region to region. However, in general a value of 0.5 - 1 mg/m³ is considered acceptable. (Norme EN 1822 Corso Uniaria)
CONFORMITY WITH LOMBARDY REGIONAL GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS
SRefer to the official bulletin, ordinary series n. 2 – 10 January 2012, headed: “B) Extracted emissions treated with on-board filters and returned to the workplace. LINK TO LOMBARDY REGIONAL GOVERNMENT PDF …we consider it possible to partially return the treated air to the workplace, without prejudice to the protection of employee health, to be safeguarded in every case by a risk assessment and application of technical, organisational and procedural measures to ensure said protection”.
FIRST PRESCRIPTION DICTATED BY TECHNICAL ANNEX 32 OF THE LOMBARDY REGIONAL GOVERNMENT
Every air purifier must be equipped as standard supply with high efficiency filters rated class E - EPA or very high efficiency filters rated class H - HEPA in observance of the European EN 1822 standard. Each filter can be identified by class and batch date. Typical uses of this type of filter include: E10 - E11 compressed air filters for high environmental quality installations: laboratories, pharmaceutical, residential care. E12 – H13 pharmaceutical, food, biotechnology, operating theatres, intensive care, etc.
SECOND PRESCRIPTION DICTATED BY TECHNICAL ANNEX 32 OF THE LOMBARDY REGIONAL GOVERNMENT
Systems are equipped with filter clogging devices, to constantly monitor the degree of soiling of the filter and its efficiency.
THIRD PRESCRIPTION DICTATED BY TECHNICAL ANNEX 32 OF THE LOMBARDY REGIONAL GOVERNMENT– MAINTENANCE – AFTERSALES ASSISTANCE.
Constant and regular scheduled maintenance of internal recycling air purifiers. For years our technicians have been doing maintenance at our clients' premises; once the overhaul is finished, we issue a declaration attesting its completion.